At Foundation for Recovery, we strongly believe that RECOVERY VOICES COUNT! We are in support of the national movement to make it possible for even more of our friends, neighbors and family members to experience long-term recovery from addiction, mental health, and co-occurring disorders by building recognition of the recovery community as constituency of consequence.

We encourage the recovery community to get involved in voting activities so their voices can be heard in the local, state and national arenas.

Voter registration is available Mondays through Fridays on a walk-in basis, and Saturdays by appointment at the Foundation for Recovery. Voter Eligibility in Nevada To be eligible to vote in Nevada, you need to meet certain requirements.

Specifically, you must be a:

  • Citizen of the United States.
  • Nevada resident for at least 30 days before the date of an election.
  • Resident of your precinct for at least 10 days before the election.
  • Be at least 18 years old on or before the date of the election.
  • Have no felony convictions, with the exception of those who have had their civil rights restored.
  • Not have been declared mentally incompetent by a court of law.
  • Not claim any other place as your legal residence.

More information, online registration and absentee voting can be found on this State of Nevada Site:

Click HereYou will need to present proof of identification, which includes a current and valid photo ID OR a document showing your name and residence address.





Photo Id Examples May Include:

Current Nevada Driver's License

Current Nevada Identification Card

Other Document Examples:

Paycheck with name and Clark County address

Bank statement or pre-printed check

Car registration

Government document (tax bill, income information, etc.)

Current utility bill (electric bill, gas bill or telephone bill, etc.)

Out of state Driver’s License

If you are considered homeless, you may furnish the four connecting streets that surround where you stay or the address of a shelter. If you have no photo ID, you will be required to sign an affidavit at the time of registering.