Recovery Support Services
- Providing enriching and welcoming community spaces across Nevada through our Recovery Community Centers
- Welcoming mutual aid meetings supporting all pathways to recovery and spreading group supports in communities across the state
- A peer-based approach, providing Peer Recovery Support Specialist training and one-on-one peer recovery support services, in-person, over the phone and through tele-recovery.
- Integrating recovery supports in existing institutions and systems through our faith-based and recovery-friendly workplace initiatives.
Education & Training
- Providing quality training curricula for people and communities of recovery, including the IC&RC endorsed 46-hour Peer Recovery Support Specialists training and the Recovery Leadership Academy.
- Workshops for key recovery communities, like our Women’s Empowerment Series.
- Educating the general public through outreach initiatives and public awareness campaigns.
- Webinars and advising for agencies, businesses, and institutions.
- Advocating for sensible recovery-oriented public policies for the just treatment of people in or seeking recovery.
- Advancing Peer Supports and Recovery-Oriented Systems of Care across Nevada
- Building a statewide coalition of people in recovery, family members, and key stakeholders through the Nevada Recovery Network
- Registering people in recovery as voters
- Being advocates for ourselves and our peers on our recovery journeys.
- Sharing our stories of recovery
Our Mission & Vision
Foundation for Recovery’s mission is to promote the positive impact of recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders and enhancing the lives of individuals and families affected by the disease of addiction. Our programs and partnerships open pathways to recovery by removing social barriers and creating opportunities for those seeking and maintaining long-term recovery.
Our vision is that addiction, mental illness and co-occurring disorders are recognized as treatable and that individual and family recovery is seen as an acceptable and sought after means for achieving a balanced and healthy life. The Foundation for Recovery promotes and highlights the positive experiences of people in long-term recovery and focuses our programs and initiatives on facilitating the benefits of recovery.
- Inform about addiction and recovery.
- Educate to enhance knowledge.
- Facilitate pathways to recovery.
- Organize community stakeholders.
- Advocate to reduce stigmas and barriers.
- Serve our community.
Working With Individuals, Families, & Organizations
Individual Peer Support
We provide one-on-one peer recovery support services to anyone in or seeking sustained-recovery through in-person and tele-recovery support.
We Facilitate opportunities for individuals and families to find their path to long-term recovery from addiction, mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
Agencies & Partners
We partner with community organizations to provide education, training and research opportunities to further our mission.
We see anyone in need of assistance. Come in for a tour of our recovery centers or contact us if you’re in need of resources or would like peer recovery support.