Foundation for Recovery’s Action Alert system is a tool utilized to mobilize our community by prompting Nevada’s recovery activists to take immediate action on legislative issues related to substance use and mental health disorders. A strong, united voice can influence public policy issues that impact your health and access to care. Action Alerts urge advocates to contact their elected officials and other policymakers at critical times when a peer’s perspective is needed to remove barriers to care. We work hard to eliminate the discrimination that keeps people from seeking recovery or moving on to better lives once they achieve it.
Why are Advocacy Action Alerts important?
- They bring attention to issues that enhance the lives of Nevada’s Recovery Community
- They are a mechanism of change
- They inform the public and policy makers about critical health issues
- They can prevent potentially harmful policies/practices from reaching implementation
- Most importantly, Action Alerts are the voice of the people
Action Alerts are our way of mobilizing the individuals and families affected by addiction to take action on critical, time-sensitive issues.