Recovery Leadership Academy
Under our Nevada Recovery Network Project, our Recovery Leadership Academy is meant to support individuals who are dedicated to becoming a leader in the recovery movement and/or are interested in learning what it’s like to work in a non-profit peer support setting. The Recovery Leadership Academy is a series of courses designed to educate, guide, and inspire members of the recovery community to discover their individual pathway to long-term recovery and peer recovery leadership.
By attending these courses you will build a comprehensive and unique skill base, better preparing you for a future as a recovery leader in Nevada. All sessions are open to the community, with no enrollment or cost required. You can pick and choose specific courses to attend, or complete the entire academy. Courses will cover a variety of topics, such as advocacy, achieving goals and overcoming barriers, personal and policy message trainings and more. Courses are offered in-person or via webinar one-on-one or for your group or agency.
Become a Trainer
You may also register for the train the trainer of any specific courses within the Recovery Leadership Academy. You’ll also learn effective techniques for scheduling and propoting your own trainings in your community.
To be notified when this training will launch, please leave your name and email below:
Notify Me – Nevada Recovery Network Recovery Leadership Academy
All courses are approved through the Nevada Certification Board for 1.5 Continuing Education Credits for Peer Recovery Support Specialists.
- ADVOCACY & THE RECOVERY MOVEMENT
- RECOVERY MESSAGING AND MEDIA TRAINING
- RECOVERY-ORIENTED SYSTEMS OF CARE
- CREATING A CULTURE OF RECOVERY & BUILDING RECOVERY READY COMMUNITIES
- REDUCING STIGMA; SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL CHANGE
- MULTIPLE PATHWAYS TO RECOVERY
- HARM REDUCTION & RECOVERY
- MEDICATION ASSISTED RECOVERY
- RECOVERY COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS; BUILDING YOUR COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATION
- RECOVERY SUPPORTS AND PEER SPECIALISTS; EFFICACY, TRAINING, AND SUSTAINABILITY
- ORGANIZING YOUR COMMUNITY; STRATEGY, TOOLS, AND TACTICS
- BUILDING LEADERS
- SUSTAINABILITY AND DEVELOPMENT
- OVERDOSE RESPONSE TRAINING