Safe holiday strategies.read more
I received a call from a nurse at Dignity Neighborhood Hospital. There was a patient who was admitted for alcohol-related illness, and he had been there before for the same condition. He requested a treatment program. The gentleman was about to get discharged and did...read more
Nevada’s Unique Partnership Places Peer Recovery Coaches in Dignity Health’s Neighborhood Hospital Emergency Departments
April 19, 2019 Nevada’s Unique Partnership Places Peer Recovery Coaches in Dignity Health’s Neighborhood Hospital Emergency Departments Every single day 192 families throughout the United States lose a loved one to drug overdose. Foundation for Recovery (FFR) and...read more
Being child 5 of 8 children meant while growing up, if I wanted something I had to speak up and act in my own behalf. If I wanted seconds at dinner not only did I have to make my intentions clear, I had to eat faster than my siblings. When I wanted new clothing and...read more
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT); in 12-step culture, these words are not welcomed in the rooms. Many people have had disheartening experiences that leave a not-so-friendly taste in their mouths. Those who identify with being in MAT are not considered to be in...read more
Early in recovery my family learned that if you wondered what I was thinking, just wait 15 seconds and I would tell them. This "filter off" approach was my first line of defense and served as a great antidote to the emotional stuffing that I had adopted as my very...read more
- Seven Tips for Enjoying a Family Thanksgiving Celebration
- Peer Recovery in the Emergency Department: a unique partnership that saves lives
- Nevada’s Unique Partnership Places Peer Recovery Coaches in Dignity Health’s Neighborhood Hospital Emergency Departments
- Medication-Assisted Treatment as a Pathway to Recovery
- Seeking Authenticity
- How to Survive a Family Function in Recovery
- Silos: Ivory Towers Destined for Failure.
- Top 6 Las Vegas Instagram Profiles Geared Around Recovery
- Believing in the Law, Believing in People.